Friday, November 17, 2006

Elijah Wood



Yesterday, I photographed Elijah Wood and it was such a treat. It was one of those days that reinforces the stereotype of what it is like to be a celebrity photographer, that we hang out with cool people and do cool things. We only needed to do two simple shots so we shot at my place. It was if Elijah came by to hang out drink some coffee, talk about music and oh yeah, we shot some pictures. Usually before I photograph someone, I search for information about his or her interests to find common ground to have a discussion. With Elijah, it was so easy because we have so many common interests from music to cameras. We discussed everything from the Stone Roses first album being one of the greatest records of all time, coffee brewing tips, London and the eccentric greatness of a Widelux camera.

The icing on the cake was that Elijah went straight from the shoot to appear on the Conan O’Brien show and his publicist got us tickets. What a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful site and blog layout you have. I came here because someone told me about the wonderful photos you had taken of Elijah and the Apples in Stereo. I ended up looking at all your photos and reading your entire blog. That's a very interesting story about how you got to where you are now in your career.

Thank you!

Yeux de bleu

Darryl Von Rokk said...

Although, it appears, that I would have nothing in common with Elijah, he does seem like a decent person. One of the best episodes of Saturday Night Live was when he hosted the show.

Blog Archive