Friday, May 18, 2007

Brand Upon the Brain


When I photographed Crispin Glover at the Sundance Film Festival this year, I met Margot Gerber, Margot was the publicist for Crispin’s film Fine Everything is Fine. Margot is now doing publicity for the new Guy Madden film, Brand Upon the Brain. The film is a beautiful, modern, silent movie with a score by Jason Staczek, narration by Isabella Rossellini and elaborate sound effects. To celebrate the theatrical release there was a series of performances, in several cities, with a live orchestra, narrator and foley artists. If you are having a hard time picturing all of this that is where I come in. Margot wanted to get some pictures of the performance showing all of the elements, mainly the foley artists, to convey what a special event it was. For two and a half performances, I sat in my perch and captured the event, completely mesmerized by the foley artists, they stole the show.

No comments:

Blog Archive