Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dr.Robert



Often in my creative process, one thing leads to another. This little animation grew out of another “great idea” that went horribly wrong. When I was thinking of different scenarios for the Apples In Stereo photo shoot, I had remembered hearing that Robert Schneider, the lead singer, likes to do calculus for fun. I decided to photograph Robert working on one of his equations on Plexiglas to give the impression that I was shooting through the blackboard. As individual shots they just do not look great, but when i clicked through them quickly in the browser they came alive. The music is a little teaser track on the Apples new record, New Magnetic Wonder. The band liked the final result so much that they included it in the enhanced features of the CD.

I have wanted to include this in the blog for some time, but I just realized how to post video. If you would like to see more slideshows of my travels please visit www.joshuakessler.com and click on the bottom half of the orange square labeled slideshows.

No comments:

Blog Archive